A Fellow of the Chartered institute of Arbitrators, Gavin’s broad-ranging expertise, acting as arbitrator, mediator and counsel, encompasses: Construction and Real Estate; Commercial Contracts; Joint Ventures & Partnerships; Sports & Entertainment; Art & Cultural Heritage; and Shipping and Logistics.
Arbitral panel memberships reflect Gavin’s cross sector experience, with many appointments spanning sport and commercial fields in particular – both domestic and international (reflecting Gavin’s English native, French B2 and Dutch B1 language skills) including: Bar Council Services Panel; Chartered Institute of Arbitrators BAS Panel; and ABTA/CEDR Arbitration Panel.
The value of disputes handled by Gavin has varied considerably, from below £10,000 to £1,000,000.
Gavin’s academic prizes and awards include several scholarships and bursaries (such as Honourable Society of Inner Temple Rachel Lawrence Pupillage Scholarship) and other successes. These include winning the International Marcianum Moot (representing Inner Temple) and The International Bar Association Magna Carta Essay Competition.
• 2015 – present: Barrister of England & Wales
• 2019 – 2021: Advocaat Brussels (EU List)
• 2019 – present: Astana international Finance Centre (AIFC)
• 2019 – present: Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM)
• SOAS, University of London: LLM (International Law)
• Northumbria Law School: Bar Professional Training Course
• City University of London: Graduate Entry LLB (Hons)
• Exeter University: BA (Hons), Politics